Today, 7/17/08, i created a blog about my running (long distance).
A bit of background:
My name is Michael Karp. I'm 15 years old (16 in 3 days) and...well...i run. I was always the fastest long distance runner in my class. I ran about a 6:45 mile in third grade and broke my school's record. My time never really changed until about 7th grade (middle school). I joined the basketball team and track team and at the end of the year i think i was running low 6's high 5's. In 8th grade though, i joined cross country, basketball, volleyball, and track and at the end of the year my time was 5:15.
The next year i went into high school, a little skeptical whether i really wanted to do cross country or not. I'm glad I did.
The guys on the cross country and track teams taught me A LOT, not just about running, but about life too. I know it sounds kinda corny, and i know they'll make fun of me if the read this, but whatever.
Long story short, by the end of freshman year, my mile was at 4:41, and by the end of sophomore year, my time was STILL 4:41. I had a pretty crappy track season. Completely my fault though. No one to blame but me. I got my 2-mile time down to 10:27, pretty happy about that but still not fast enough. No time I've gotten, or will ever get, will be fast enough.
Now, it is the middle of summer vacation of sophomore to junior year and I'm getting ready for the cross country season. The former leader/leaders of the team have graduated and i was number 2 runner during freshman and sophomore year, but that doesn't mean I'm number one this year. A lot can change over summer. If someone is faster than me at the beginning of the season, I'll make sure to kick their ass by the end. hehehe
When I'm running, millions of thoughts about running and life and things like that run through my head. I'll be writing down all these thoughts, or at least most of them, in this blog. Yaaaaaay
No comments:
Post a Comment